Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bridges

A short time ago, I went through a phase, if you will, where I was really into photography. I still like photography and may take the occasional photo, but it doesn't possess me like it used to. During this phase, one of my favorite things to capture were bridges. There's a few reasons for this. First, I like lines and bridges have lots of them. Second, they're just aesthetically pleasing to me. Lastly, my imagination got the best of me. I would imagine that one day I would find a bridge that would take me away to somewhere else, anywhere else away from my average, troubled life.

There is no bridge of this sort, only ones I envisaged.

But there IS a bridge. Not a bridge of metal, wood, or stone but a man. That man is the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

When sin entered the world, it carved a canyon that we could not cross. A gorge between a sinful world and a righteous, Heavenly Father. 

 By the wood that He hung upon, by the metal that was hammered into His hands, and by the stone that was rolled out of the way of His grave, Jesus built a bridge. A bridge that nothing or no one can destroy. A bridge connecting this world to the Father. By this bridge we are saved. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8)

 Like any bridge you may cross, you have faith that it will not collapse. Why not the bridge that never can and never will?


1 comment:

  1. Funny, I was thinking of "Bridges" as a title for my next post. In a different perspective, though.

    I like this; it's the Gospel encapsulated in simple terms, almost like Jesus' parables. Likewise, only those who dig deeper will be able to glean from it.

    ReplyDelete